Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Now I'm sad to say, I'm on my way. I won't be back for many a day- Jamaica Farewell




Today Kayla and I woke up early  so we could hike to the La Fortuna waterfall. When we got to the park, we were the first ones to enter for the day.  We made it down the countless stairs in record time and only stopped to take in the surrounding beauty. We spent a little time at the bottom looking at the falls and bird watching from the basin. After about 15 minutes we got the courage to take on the stairs again. Seriously, there were so many!


Just a small portion of the stairs.


Kayla and I then grabbed a quick cup of iced coffee and breakfast before heading back to the Tabacon Resort. We quickly packed up the room and headed to the hot springs for one last time before our long trip to San Jose.








After 2 hours of lounging around, we decided to take the scenic route around Lake Arenal towards San Jose. Our only flaw was not realizing that this route added about 2.5 hours onto our trip… We actually were only 1 hour away from Costa de Oro. This unfortunately made us arrive to San Jose well past dark . Anyone who has been to Costa Rica knows maneuvering through the capitol during the day is incredibly hard, but at night it is so much worse. Luckily, my parents were able to book us a hotel just outside the city and very close to the airport. When we arrived, I discovered it was the first hotel I had stayed at in Costa Rica 15 years earlier. It was fun to see how much it had changed.
Coati

A group of coatis we found on the drive home.

Congo monkey also know as a howler monkey

Howler monkey 
Well off to bed, I have a long day of flying tomorrow, but I can't wait to be back in the USA!!
Christmas tree at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment